Saturday, February 19, 2011

Research Paper....work in progress...coming along

Extreme Editing: Trickery in Photojournalism
            As may be obvious, this topic will be focused primarily on editing in photojournalism and how harmful the effects of editing can be. The intention of this topic will be to unmask photojournalism and let the media’s audience in on what kind of work goes into photojournalism and how much editing is actually done. While we may see the products of photojournalists in the double or triple digits every day, we may never consider, while looking at the photos and passing judgment on the people or issues presented, how much editing was done to those exact photos before they were printed. Depending on what my research uncovers, this topic may change the way that my audience views the media and its photojournalists completely. I intend on focusing on a few specific photojournalists and/or magazines in order to go in depth with my research and expose just how much editing is done and what kind of editing is allowed or frowned upon. In relation to what we are currently studying, I feel that editing in photojournalism is a crucial issue due to the fact that if we are analyzing photos that have been tampered with, we cannot ever discover their true intent or meaning for they are fake or unrealistic. As I have already uncovered, photojournalists have a code of ethics that they must follow, however, during my research project I intend to discover if the code of ethics is as prevalent as it is portrayed to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment